Wednesday 23 February 2011

3D Modelling

Current scene is starting to pull together and am now beggining to UV the objects of the turret. Created the top half of the turret by using a cylinder and then extruding it and sclaing it to reflect the refrence image.
Also used the same technique for the actual gun on the turrent started with a cyclinder then added features by extruding and cutting in more edges.

With my UV texturing I am using the cylindrical unwrapping for the top half of the turret and then using the planar mapping for the top and bottom of the turret. So far I'm quite happy with it although it's a basic model hopefully I can add some depth to it. I also think that it reflects my refrence image quite well although I have added a few features and slightly differetn shape to improve on the reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment